Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Momma Owl for Sandra

I love making small projects like amigurumi. This one is from the book Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet by Ana Paula Rimoli. I used a J hook and Lion Brand's Vanna's Choice yarn in Honey, Beige and Terra Cotta. I'd never used Vanna's Choice before but I've decided it's nice and soft for acrylic yarn and pretty ideal for amigurumi. I used polyester fiberfill and safety eyes with an extra backing in front, I thought it looked better that way.




The above picture was taken by Scott's iPhone and the colors are a little muted. The picture on the right features my friend Ilka who just moved to Philadelphia yesterday. The colors are more accurate in that picture.






I made this cute little owl for a lady I work with, Sandra. She's due at the end of the month and is expecting a boy who she will name Morel. She lets me touch her belly when he's kicking. It's so weird. She loved the owl and said it matches the baby's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment