Search This Blog

Friday, February 7, 2014

Catching up - starting with an Owlie Blanket!

Let me start by saying that my intention was to make a granny square blanket using the random skeins of yarn I've been hoarding for too long. Well, you know, the best laid plans... I think I ended up back in the store 2-3 times to buy more yarn.

I was inspired by the pattern from the Repeat Crafter Me blog, pattern found here. But, I wanted to do something in fall colors (my secret goal was to get rid of the yellow yarn) with a little bit of a retro feel. I finished right around Thanksgiving.


It was 10 squares by 10 squares, and I think the hardest thing about it was arranging them - I must done have done at least 12 different color combinations. All of the yarn was worsted weight, most of it Red Heart Super Saver, some Loops & Threads® Impeccable™. 


But eventually it really did come together - I used a chain join described in this pattern.



And finally, four little owls in two opposite corners. It's pretty comfy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment